With St. Patrick’s Day being a month away, you have got to try our Matcha Green Tea Shortbread cookies. Yep, we are talking about fresh-baked, chewy, and soft cookies that are everso delicately flavored. It is a tea cookie inception!
Our cookie is not too sweet with the unique matcha flavor that is so delicate and special. These green tea cookies are soft, pillowy, and pair perfectly with tea. Please do not overlook the beautiful color that is just perfect for St. Patty’s Day cookies.
- 2 cups bleached all-purpose flour
- 1 to 2 tablespoons Matcha green tea powder
- 2 teaspoons salt or sea salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- ½ cup powdered sugar (add more or less depending on personal preference)
- Sift the flour, matcha green tea powder, and salt into a bowl.
- In a mixing bowl, beat butter and powdered sugar until fluffy.
- Add flour mixture to a mixing bowl and mix slowly until dough just comes together.
- Pull and roll dough together carefully into a log, about two inches in diameter.
- Wrap dough logs in cloth or wax paper and place it in the freezer for thirty minutes or until the dough is firm to the touch.
- Slice dough into ¼ inch round pieces and place 1 inch apart on a parchment-lined cookie sheet.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 325 degrees for 16 to 18 minutes until cookies are a light golden brown around the edges – turning the pan halfway through the baking time.
- Remove cookies immediately and place them on a wire rack to cool.
- Store in an airtight container or wrap and freeze.
We hope you enjoy your Matcha Green Tea Shortbread Cookies, and Happy St. Patty’s Day!