Whether you’re working with a small or large layout it’s important for your living room to be a comfortable space. After all, the living room area serves many different functions. It’s where you entertain your guests, spend time with the family and watch all your favorite flicks.
Here are some tips to turn any sized living room and style into a cozy space.
- Trade your bland coffee tables for stuffed oversized ottomans. Yes, plush ottomans will instantly add a sense of comfort to your living room. In addition, ottomans can serve multiple functions. An ottoman can serve as a coffee table, you can store extra items inside them and let’s not forget they are great for resting your feet on.
- If you’re working with a large space, then consider filling in your space with a large sectional. Sectionals are super inviting and it creates a sense of warmth. The best part of having a sectional sofa is that you’ll have sufficient seating options which will allow the family and your guests to sit comfortably.
- Lighting is often overlooked when designing a room to be comfortable. Lighting drastically affects the mood of the room. A living room that is dark and doesn’t use sufficient lighting can feel depressing. Therefore, be sure to leave your drapes open so that natural lighting can flow in the room. If necessary, consider increasing the wattage of light bulbs or adding in extra light fixtures.
- Don’t forget the throw blankets. Who doesn’t like to curl up in a plush blanket during movie night? Throw blankets don’t have to be tacky. To stylishly pull off this look use a blanket that is rich in color and texture. A throw blanket will make your living room feel more comfortable while also adding a bit of style to the area.
- Throwing a soft area rug in the mix is another great way to add some comfort to the living room. An area rug will add some warmth to your contemporary tile or wood floors.