Many people participate in fall cleaning, just as they do with spring cleaning. If you do as well, or if you would like advice on a quick deep clean of your home, keep reading! It is a big undertaking, but it always leaves you feeling refreshed. This is a time for you to get your home back to the way it should look.
1. Clean out your kitchen.
Let us be honest, our kitchen can get unorganized very easily. Cabinets can fill up with expired food and dishes seem to always be misplaced. Your kitchen is a great place to start when you begin to declutter your life. We always put off deep cleaning the kitchen because it can be a giant task. Here is how you can clean out your kitchen:
- Throw out any empty bottles and expired food. It feels great seeing all the new space open up in your fridge and cabinets.
- Reorganize the dishes in your cabinets. Check for any broken dishes and throw them away. Look to see if things are not in their designated spots and move them.
- Keep counter space only for items you will use daily. Also, consider the items you never use: think if you really need them or if they will be better suited in the giveaway box.
- Time to literally deep clean your kitchen. It will feel amazing to have a refreshingly clean kitchen. You can tackle the scum in your oven, countertops, stove, you name it.
2. Go through your closet.
Closets are easy to avoid cleaning out because they are hidden from our guests. We get dressed in the morning and start to throw clothes in different spots or maybe you are someone who just uses that extra closet as storage for who-knows-what. What you need to do:
- Take EVERYTHING out of your closet. We are going to start with a completely blank slate.
- Separate everything into different piles: shoes, shirts, pants, etc. Make sure you have a pile to give away. We are sure that you will find some things that you do not wear or did not know you owned.
- Look at the quality of the item, if it is worn or torn, throw it out.
- Lastly, you can put everything you decided to keep back into the closet. You should have far fewer items than what you started with.
You will feel extremely refreshed after “the declutter” and possibly tired, make sure to treat yourself! Decluttering your home will ultimately declutter your life because an organized home is an organized life. Things may get messy again, but that is when you pull this article out and start all over.