You may store your cars, boxes, tools, or miscellaneous items in your garage and that is okay. But we want to help you take your unorganized garage and transform it into a fully functional space. Here are six ideas to organize your garage this summer:
- MetalChain Organizer: Attach a hook to your garage wall then hang one end of a metal chain on it. Tightly wrap up your garden hose and secure it onto the metal chain. Attach the other side of the metal chain to your hook and voila, no more tangled garden hoses. It is just that easy.
- Window Planter Storage: If you find yourself with a lot of little, miscellaneous items, try using a window planter for storage. You can store things like car wash supplies, spray cans, and gardening tools.
- Old Lockers Transformed: Lockers are not just meant for books and backpacks, but they are perfect for storing all garage-worthy items. Touch them up with a nice coat of spray paint and they will look brand new.
- Rethink Old Golf Bags: Before you toss out your old golf bag, use it for storing larger items like racks and shovels. You can even utilize the smaller pockets for things like gardening tools and gloves.
- Tipped-over Filing Cabinet: Transform your old filing cabinet into a storage bin by turning it over on its side. Have the drawers facing up then remove the physical drawers from the cabinet. You will be left with four open basins to fill with all your garage supplies like racks, shovels, and mops. If you are looking for a more aesthetically appealing organizer, try to spray paint it a fun summer color to bring beauty into your garage.
- Mason Jars: Store all your tiny screws and nails in one place with mason jars. You can even purchase them in a variety of sizes for different projects. You will never lose track of your nails again with this quick fix.
We hope you enjoyed these garage organizing tips and tricks. How do you keep your garage organized? We would love to hear from you in the comment section below: