Refrigerators can become smelly and dirty rather fast. Your liquids can spill and create a sticky mess in your recently cleaned refrigerator. The next thing you know, your fridge needs fully clean again. The task of cleaning a refrigerator seems daunting and we want to avoid it all cost. Well, there is no need to drag your feet any longer with these simple cleaning tips.
Tips for cleaning your fridge:
- Make a DIY Refrigerator Cleaner:
Step One. To avoid the use of chemicals, you can to create your own homemade cleaner. Combine one cup of white vinegar with two cups of hot water into a glass spray bottle. Then add a couple of drops of the orange or lemon essential oils to your mixture.
Step Two. Take your homemade cleaner and spray it throughout your refrigerator. Let the mixture sit in your fridge for a couple of minutes.
Step Three. Using a damp wash cloth, wipe down the inside of your refrigerator. The solution you made should help pick up any stuck food or leftover residue.
- Eliminate all odors.It is not very fun to think that our food makes the fridge smell bad, but it does and we have to deal with it.
Step One. To eliminate the overall smell in your refrigerator, place a small bowl of coffee grinds in the back of your fridge. You should notice a difference within 48 hours.
Step Two. To eliminate smells in your vegetable drawer, crumple a brown paper bag into a ball and place it in the drawer. In two days, you can remove the bag and you should notice that smells are gone.
- Make the temperature right. Try to keep your refrigerator at 37 degrees.
- Do not forget to clean under the fridge. Think about all the dust and dirt that remains trapped under your refrigerator. It is essential to remember to clean underneath your fridge.
- Remove fingerprints. If you have a stainless steel refrigerator, you understand how often fingers leave their mark on your fridge.
Step One. In a small bowl, mix together mild dish soap and warm water.
Step Two. Dip a wash cloth into the bowl and gently rub out all greasy fingerprints.
Step Three. Take a different wash cloth and dip it into warm water. Use this cloth to rinse off the soapy water you just put on and begin to wipe it off from the fridge.
Step Four. Dry off the refrigerator with a paper towel to avoid streaking.
Step Five. You can take some baby oil on a clean wash cloth and polish the refrigerator after it has been cleaned.
Note: Move in the direction of the grain when you are cleaning off the fridge.
We hope you enjoyed these tips and that they help you the next time you need to clean your refrigerator!