The holidays are right around the corner, and what better way to celebrate than making a classic Gingerbread Man flavored smoothie? Christmas is not Christmas without gingerbread, and this delicious smoothie will put you in a festive mood while providing many nutritional benefits.
- Cloves – Cloves are high in manganese for bone production and help to control blood sugar while providing anti-inflammatory properties. Cloves also contain eugenol which helps to prevent environmental toxins from external pollutants.
- Cinnamon – Cinnamon has antifungal and antibacterial properties. Cinnamon also helps control blood sugar and is a mood enhancer!
- Nutmeg – Nutmeg provides calcium, iron, and manganese and has been known to help as a mild sedative, painkiller, and aids in a good night’s sleep.
- Cardamom – Cardamom is a diuretic and detoxifier.
- Almond Butter – Almond butter contains more healthy fatty acids, protein, and nutrients than the old standby peanut butter. Almond butter also contains as much protein as meat, lots of fiber and omega 3 oil.
- Banana – Bananas contain potassium, soluble fiber and probiotics.
- Greek Yogurt – Greek yogurt provides probiotics and contains potassium and soluble fiber.
Ingredients for Gingerbread Man Smoothie
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ½ peeled frozen banana
- 1 cup ice cubes
Put the greek yogurt, almond butter and maple syrup to the blender and give it a couple of spins to mix and blend. Now, add all the spices to the blender and give it another spin or two. Lastly, add the peeled frozen banana and ice cubes to the blender. Complete by mixing until desired smoothness is reached. If you would like more liquid, simply add a couple more ice cubes and mix.
Depending on your personal preferences, the Gingerbread Man smoothie can be consumed cold or warm. Top off the smoothie with a candy cane and a gingerbread cookie. Enjoy!