You have had a long day of work and you are just plain tired. The last thing you want to think about is the mess that you have slowly created over the week in your bedroom. You push it off in your mind saying you will get to it when you get to it but you know that you never follow through with that plan. Wouldn’t it be nice if you could spend a maximum of five minutes on cleaning and your bedroom would look spotless? Wishful thinking, you are probably saying. Well before you write off the thought, we want to help you organize your room to save you time in the future. That is right, the original organization of your space will take longer than our five-minute dream but once everything is in order, you will not have to spend endless hours cleaning your bedroom because you have a system.
The Greatest Bedroom Organization System:
- Stash it: If you are like the average person, you have a lot of items that need a place to call home in your bedroom. Storing items can become one of the most difficult tasks for people who have small bedrooms. When you are thinking about storage, instead of buying more bulky furniture think of other areas of your room:
- Store last season’s clothes in bins underneath your bed.
- Place your book collection on a shelf you have attached to the wall to save space on your desktop.
- Buy furniture that has optimal storage inside of it. For example, get a chair that has hidden compartments for storing all your little treasures or a mirror that opens up to storage for your accessories.
- Incorporate stylish baskets and bins that look like decor, but hide your belongings.
- Make your mother proud: Each morning, you need to force yourself to make your bed. This step is extremely important but it emphasizes that you are determined to keep a clean room. If your bed is made, it will make it more difficult to throw clothes on the floor.
- Learn the word “NO”: When you are out shopping, you may think that you need that item for your bedroom but do you? Do you really NEED that item? Probably not… Just say no. Walk away and if in three days you are still dreaming about that specific item, you can go back and buy it. Our bedrooms can become extremely cluttered if we just buy everything from that cute store.
- Stick to a routine: When you come home from work or the gym, do not just leave your clothes wherever. Force yourself to either hang it up or put it in the dirty pile. Especially when you are getting ready, it is easy to just throw clothes around your room. Try to maintain a clean, organized room.
Do you have any tips that you use to keep your room organized? We would love to hear your advice in the comment section.