Summer is the season for entertaining. From backyard barbecues to poolside parties, your summer can be jammed packed with activities. Make your summer parties the best in the neighborhood with these six easy tips for becoming an amazing summer entertainer.
How to become The Summer Entertainer:
- Plan a Mental Layout. Close your eyes and imagine your summer bash. Who are you planning on inviting? Where will it take place? Now open your eyes. You will want to make sure that your backyard can accommodate everyone you want to invite and that you have enough seats available to your guests. Plan a mental layout of what your backyard will look like that day to help you in the decision process.
- Make It Happen. Put all of your dreams for the party into a reality by creating a list of the things you will need. Write down how many tables and chairs you will need, how much food and what kind of food you will be serving, what activities you will have, and where they will take place. Once you have a game plan, it is time to go to the store!
- Shop Like It’s Your Job. When planning a get-together, you want to make sure that you are being frugal. Dollar stores have a lot of items that are cute yet affordable. You can get inexpensive mason jars for decorative pieces and paper plates at an inexpensive price.
- Dec’ It Out. You do not need to purchase new decor for your party because you can use your decor from the inside of your home. Take vases, candles and small decorative pieces outside to decorate your tables. You will be surprised by how little you will need to buy for the party if you use this trick.
- Let There Be Light(s). Do not be the host that forgets to light up the night. Make sure that your guests can see well into the night. You can hang string lights outdoors to add a charming, rustic look. If you are looking to save money, use your white Christmas lights in the backyard.
- Think Like a Kid. Make sure you are the hostess with the “mostess” by having a kid-friendly party. If you do decide to invite children, think of fun activities for the kiddos. Having occupied kids can help the adults have more fun then everyone wins. Try to make little stations for the kids to do various activities throughout the night and have a movie ready for when it gets dark.
How do you plan to entertain guests this summer? Let us know in the comment section!