A good night’s rest is essential for a happy and healthy lifestyle, but is your bedroom affecting the quality of your sleep? If so, here are seven hacks to help you have a better night’s rest.
Bedroom Hacks for a Better Night’s Rest:
1. Embrace a Calming Color Palette.
Believe it or not, but color can truly impact the way we feel and the amount of energy we have. By selecting the right shades for your room, you can completely transform the way it makes you feel. Expert designers recommend choosing relaxing hues like earthy tones, light blues, and subtle greens to help create a more calming oasis.
2. Escape The Disruptions.
Unfortunately, there are a lot of things inside of a bedroom that can disrupt your quality of sleep. Things like electronics, bright lights, and loud noises. To avoid these disruptive characteristics, we recommend following these simple tips:
- Try to remove all electronics from your bedroom. We understand that this can be difficult and in some cases, unfeasible. But if you have the chance, try to remove as many electronics as you can. You may be surprised by the restful night of sleep you have after you do.
- Loud noises can be another disruptive characteristic in bedrooms. If you are looking to drown out unwanted sounds, you can invest in a white noise machine or even utilize a fan.
- Lastly, having too much lighting in a room can really affect the quality of your sleep. To help ensure that you are not bothered by the heavy lighting, we recommend getting an eye mask or even blackout curtains. These two items will help reduce the amount of light in your eyes while you try and fall asleep.
3. Clear Clutter.
A cluttered life can lead to a cluttered mind. After a long, stressful day of work, the last thing you want to do is clean your bedroom before you go to sleep. To help reduce the stress after work, we recommend keeping your surfaces clear of clutter. A good rule of thumb to follow is that you can only have three items on each surface at a time. For example, your bedside table may hold your phone, glass of water, and a light fixture. By following this simple tip, you will be able to unwind and clear your mind from a long, hard day.
4. Discover The Right Temperature.
Your bedroom’s temperature can truly affect your quality of sleep. In fact, sleep.org recommends homeowners to keep their thermostat between 60 and 67 degrees at night. This cool temperature can help your body transition into the sleep cycle.
5. Find The Perfect Pillow.
Have you ever slept somewhere that did not have the best pillows? It probably affected the quality of sleep you had for the night. Be sure to buy pillows that are best suited for yourself and always replace them when it is time.
6. Smell Relaxation.
Breathing scents of relaxation can help put your mind and body at ease. To help encourage relaxation, we recommend trying to incorporate scents like vanilla or lavender. You can purchase these scents in lotions, linen sprays, fabric softeners, candles, and diffusers to help you become more relaxed.
You want to be sure that you give yourself some time to unwind each night. Whether it is taking a warm bath, reading a good book, or writing your thoughts in a journal, decompressing can be an essential part of a good night’s rest.
We hope you enjoyed these hacks and have a good night’s rest!