Bedrooms are your escape from everyday life. If done properly, they can become a tranquil oasis to relax and unwind from all of the day’s stressful, overwhelming tasks. If you are interested in captivating a calming bedroom retreat and a better night’s rest, stay tuned for six must-know tips and tricks. Let’s take a look!
- Unique Headboard – You will want to start with a headboard that makes the statement “this is my style!” Is your style clean and simple, dramatic, modern, rustic, or maybe artsy? When choosing your headboard, you want to keep in mind the color, material, texture, and design. The headboard can become a staple piece of the room and often times, viewed as a focal point.
- Sensational Bedding – Comfortable bedding can make or break an entire design. You will want to capture a cozy, chic look that gives you something to look forward to each and every night. You can even take thread-count into effect for capturing coziness. Just be sure to add plenty of layers, textures, and pillows for the ultimate paradise.
- Decorative Pillows – The type and number of decorative pillows on your bed are not set in stone. If you are unsure, you can never go wrong with simple, neutral tones but do not fear change or being bold. Decorative pillows are another opportunity to bring in texture and color to your blissful bedroom.
- Focal Point Artwork – Now this is the perfect opportunity to make your bedroom explode with your personality and style. Over the headboard, you can choose framed artwork or unusual pieces like arranged pieces of China/platters, a wooden/iron scroll piece, or hand-woven baskets. Let your imagination take over for this part of the project. Remember, do not overdo it with the artwork; less is always considered more!
- Mood and Task Lighting – Wall sconces, table lamps, and floor lamps are an easy and creative way to bring in another design element to your bedroom. If you are a night reader, be sure to add a directional task light next to your bedside.
- A Fabulous Area Rug – Rugs are the perfect opportunity to bring in texture like faux fur, natural fibers, color and adding additional coordinating patterns and prints. Do not be afraid to add an area rug to your design; area rugs help to add texture and dimension to your space.
Which feature in your bedroom design is your favorite aspect? Let us know below in the comment section.