Cleaning your house does not need to take an unnecessarily long time. Set a time limit that you want to spend on each room and get it done faster and more effectively. We have compiled the perfect “Clean House List,” and we want to share it with you. This list is excellent if you are having unexpected company over and do not have time to do your usual full clean. The best part of the list is that it can all be accomplished within 45 minutes! Let’s take a look!
Room One: The Front Entrance. Time Limit: 5 minutes.
- Straighten up all shoes and jackets.
- Sweep or vacuum the front entrance’s flooring.
Room Two: The Living Room. Time Limit: 15 minutes.
- Gather any items that are laying around and place them in their correct home.
- Fold blankets and rearrange pillows.
- Take a microfiber cloth and run it across your hard surfaces (tables and television).
- If possible, open your window to welcome in a fresh air flow.
- Remove all pet fur from the couches with a lint roller.
Room Three: The Kitchen. Time Limit: 15 minutes.
- Take everything off the counters and wipe them off with a disinfectant wipe.
- Clean up your sink area and remove any food residue.
- Replace the old dishtowels and hang new ones.
- Take out the trash and put a fresh bag inside the trashcan.
- Kitchens may have an odor; light some candles to freshen the air before guest arrive.
Room Four: The Main Bathroom. Time Limit: 20 minutes.
- Pour toilet bowl cleaner into the toilet bowl and let it sit for approximately five minutes.
- Remove all dirty clothes and towels from the bathroom and place them into a laundry basket. Store the basket in either your bathroom closet or in your laundry room.
- Take everything off of the countertop and begin to wipe them down with a disinfecting spray.
- Using a sponge, scrub the inside of the sink and then use water to rinse away leftover disinfectant spray.
- Grab some glass cleaner and spray your mirrors to remove all fingerprints and dirt.
- Go back to your toilet and scrub out the bowl. Flush the remaining solution.
- Take a disinfectant wipe and wipe down the toilet seat before your guests arrive.
- Straighten the bathroom rugs and close the shower curtain.
- Take out the trash and replace the bag.
Voila! You are done and ready to enjoy the company of your guests.