With the hustle and bustle of the holidays, your pantry’s organization is more important now than ever. Do not let your pantry go unorganized this holiday season. Follow our seven tips to help organize your pantry before the holiday meals start.
Ways to Get Your Pantry Organized for The Holidays:
- Out with The Old. Have you ever thought about how old some of the stuff in your pantry is? Before you can fully organize your pantry, you will need to begin by cleaning it. Only keep food items that you plan on using in the next month or two. Your unwanted, non-expired canned and boxed food items can be donated to your local food shelter.
- Plastic Containers. Some homeowners find themselves wasting space with their plastic containers. When storing your tuber-ware, be sure to stack all the bottoms in one pile and all the lids together. Separating your bases and tops can save you a lot of shelf space!
- Get Sorted. Sorting your food by its category is essential. This way cooking and prepping food will become a breeze. Examples of Food Categories: Grains, Breakfast, Canned Goods, Etc.
- Clear Containers. A great way to stay organized in your pantry is to throw away boxes and replace them with clear reusable containers. Bulky boxes can take up valuable shelf space, but clear containers can help you find what you are looking for, fast. Once you replace your boxes with clear containers, you can quickly refill them each month.
- Kid-Friendly. Your bottom shelf is the most accessible shelf to your little ones. Make this shelf kid-friendly by filling it up with snacks and treats for them to enjoy.
- The Pantry Door. The pantry door offers a ton of organizational space just waiting to be used! Be sure to buy a door organizer to store all of your food items.
- Stored. Storage on your shelves is currently limited, but you can invest in baskets that hang underneath of your shelves. These baskets will ensure that you are not wasting any valuable space.
- Wall Organizer. Do not let your wall space go unused. Invest in some wall organizers to keep your pantry organized to the max!
We hope you enjoyed these tips and tricks. Let us know what you think in the comment section!