Are you getting frustrated with your home being messy? You know that you need to clean it out, but do not know what exactly to pitch. Do not worry anymore, because we have created the ultimate pitch list for your house!
Old Beauty Products
Makeup has an expiration date and tends to expire rather quickly. Expired makeup and beauty products can be harmful to the health of your skin. Here is what to do:
- Pitch and replace any mascara that you have had longer than three months.
- Pitch and replace foundation and concealer a year from the purchase date.
- Pitch and replace your lipsticks, eyeshadows, and blushes two years after the purchase date.
We use spices for their flavor and aroma, but some of your spices may have begun getting dull. Here is what to do:
- Go through your spices and sniff the older ones. If you notice that they do not hold a scent anymore, pitch them.
- Also, throw away any spices that you notice do not have flavor while you are cooking.
Mail can begin to pile up quickly. We tend to receive unnecessary mail and magazines that never get sorted. Here is what to do:
- Sort through all of your current and past mail. Make piles to distinguish which mail you need to keep and which mail you need to pitch.
Over the years, homeowners begin to obtain more and more linens. You do not need to keep all the linens you have ever owned. Here is what to do:
- Go through your linen closet and only keep two per bed. By doing this, you will always be using one set of linens, and you will always have one clean set.
Toy bins can become overfull with unused toys. Cleaning your family’s toy bin can make your current situation less hectic, and new purchases feel less unnecessary. Here is what to do:
- Sort through your family’s toy bin and find all the toys that you do not need.
- Toys that are overused, dull, and outgrown can be pitched or given away.
- Do not keep toys that have broken parts, because they may be hazardous.
Clear off the inside and outside of your refrigerator. Here is what to do:
- Notes, photos, mail, and reminders pile up on the outside of our refrigerator and most times, we do not even read what is there.
- Clear off everything from your refrigerator and buy a mini chalkboard for family reminders. If you compile all the messages onto the chalkboard, it will leave room for your fridge to do what it does best.
- Also, pitch any old and expired food from your fridge.
This list is a simple start to cleaning out your home. Notice we said: start. The journey to getting your home the way you want it begins here. Stay tuned for more information on how to clean out your house. Thanks for reading!