Imagine enjoying the beautiful outdoors while slowly sipping on a fresh cup of tea that you made all by yourself. Not only did you brew this tea, but you lovingly filled the tea bag with your favorite herbal blend. Tea is the perfect treat for warm or cooler weather and has an immense amount of health benefits.
Why You Should Drink Tea:
- Tea contains a high level of antioxidants which help us to look and feel young. Who does not want that?
- Tea can promote healthy weight loss.
- Tea is great for your smile. Drinking tea helps fight cavities and unwanted erosion (that is something to smile about).
- Tea is great for when you are ill. Tea can help boost your immune system and help you to recover faster. Try adding in honey and lemon to your tea for extra benefits.
- Tea has less caffeine than soda or coffee and a lot of times, it contains less sugar.
Supplies to Make and Brew Your Own Tea Bag:
- Your absolute favorite loose leaf tea
- 1 Coffee Filter
- 1 Writing Utensil
- 1 Pair of Scissors
- 1 Needle
- 1 Piece of Thread
Step One. Pick up your coffee filter and your writing utensil of choice. Now, draw a circle on the coffee filter.
Step Two. Take your needle and thread and begin to sew around the circle you just drew. You will need to leave 1/4 of the circle unthreaded (this is where you will insert your tea leaves).
Step Three. Grab your scissors and begin to cut out the threaded circle.
Step Four. Fill your teabag with your favorite loose leaf tea.
Step Five. After you have filled your tea bag, you will begin to sew the opening closed.
Step Six. Time to brew your tea. Place your teabag in a boiling cup of water and let it sit for about five minutes. If you want to make a pitcher of iced tea, make about ten teabags and let them steep in a pot of boiling water for five minutes. After they have time to steep, place your tea pitcher in the fridge and let it sit overnight. The next day you can pour your tea over a glass of ice and voila, you have delicious iced tea.
Step Seven: Sip and enjoy!
Personalized teabags are great gifts for friends and family members! Next time your loved one is sick, try making them a couple of personalized teabags. Your special touch will make the gift extremely meaningful.