Are you on the fence about the taste of cauliflower? We were not quite sure about how delicious cauliflower can really taste, so we decided to try this recipe with a Mediterranean twist. Boy, are we glad we did! Spruce this recipe up with a few extra ingredients, and we are sure you will love it as much as we do!
Ingredients for Cauliflower Rice:
- One medium to large head of cauliflower
- Two cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- One 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- Just a pinch of red pepper flakes (optional)
- Two tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- One tablespoon lemon juice (fresh if available)
- One 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- One 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley – chopped well
- Top off with fresh ground pepper for taste
Directions for Cauliflower Rice:
- Cut the head of cauliflower into medium chunks and throw away the core. Put a small amount in your food processor until the pieces are broken into small pieces. Now you have the rice.
- Wrap the cauliflower rice in a kitchen towel and twist well to remove as much water as possible from the rice. Actually, during this step, you will see how much water was in the cauliflower.
- Now toast your almonds in a large skillet over medium heat, making sure to stir often, so they do not burn. Once they start to turn gold and you smell them, they are ready. This usually takes about four to five minutes. Place in a bowl to cool.
- Take the skillet and return to heat while adding olive oil and garlic. Make sure to keep stirring until you smell the garlic. This only takes about ten to twenty seconds.
- Add the cauliflower rice, red pepper flakes, salt, and stir well to blend. Now cook for about six to ten minutes until the rice turns golden.
- Remove the skillet from heat and stir in your cooled off toasted almonds, parsley, and lemon juice.
- Season to taste with sea salt and black pepper. Serve warm.
Prep Time: 20 minutes | Cooking Time: 15 minutes | Serving Size: Four Servings as a Side Dish