Green beer, green cocktails, and green iced doughnuts are staples on St. Patrick’s Day, but if you want to get your green on and not wreck your healthy intentions, we have got you covered with a fantastic Shamrock Smoothie. Blend up this ultra-green smoothie to put some pep in your step first thing in the morning or sip on this after an exercise session.
Our amazing Shamrock Smoothie is made with melon, kiwi, lime juice, and mint. This smoothie is perfect for a light breakfast drink, an anytime pick-me-up drink, or a refreshing glass during the festivities. If you made with the optional protein powder, it is a great way to get some additional protein into your daily diet, not to mention the other vitamins and minerals!
- 1 medium, fresh-ripe kiwi fruit (peeled and sliced, or frozen)
- 2 cups cantaloupe melon (cubed, fresh or frozen, but chilled)
- 2 tablespoons fresh or concentrate lime juice
- 1 ounce of protein powder, preferably unflavored (optional)
- Garnish with mint sprigs or spiraled kiwi peeling
- Place the cubed cantaloupe, sliced kiwi, and lime juice in your blender, processor, or handheld mixer.
- Make sure you give it a good whirl and then add the optional protein powder.
- Again, give it another good spin until mixed.
- For a smoother mixture, blend just a bit longer.
- Divide the smoothie between two glasses and garnish with mint or the spiraled kiwi peeling for a fresh, tasty look.
- Do not forget that you can freeze leftovers for the next day.
As always, please let us know how your Shamrock Smoothie turned out for St. Patrick’s Day, and enjoy the holiday!