If you’re a perfectionist we’re betting that you are going to LOVE these ideas. It can be such a frustration to create a beautiful, well designed room only to have it interrupted by unsightly features. Some things just can’t be avoided, such as a thermostat or utility meter, but there are creative ways to conceal them. Are you ready to be done with grumbling at the modem every time you walk by it? Read on!
- Utility meter or A/C Unit outside – Cover (and easily uncover) using free standing, accordion shutter doors.
- Computer printer – Use a dresser or entertainment unit with a drawer deep enough to fit the printer. Detach the front panel and reattach it with hinge so you can open it as needed when using the printer.
- Computer modem – Hollow out a hardback book and simply slip the modem inside, display with the book spine facing outward.
- If your TV is mounted on the wall hide the dangling cords by installing a hollow shelf made crown molding.
- On a wall that has a thermostat create a collage with various sized frames. The thermostat will blend in rather than being starkly apparent.
- Hide a power strip using a photo storage box. Remove the back wall of the box and slide the power strip in.
- If you can’t or don’t want to use a bed skirt, simply cover the unsightly box spring using fabric and a staple gun.
Do you have ideas to hide unsightly household items? Share your ideas in the comments!