Whether you are moving into a new place or starting the organization process from scratch, it is a good idea to organize your laundry room. In order to begin the organization process, you will need to make a list of everything you should have inside your laundry room. To help you get started, we made a general list of essential items. Let’s take a look.
What You Should Have in Your Laundry Room:
1. The Basics.
Your laundry room should have basic items like detergent, fabric softener, stain removers, bleach, dryer sheets, and other necessary things for loads of laundry.
2. The Supplies.
- Extra Baskets and Bins. For optimal laundry room organization, you will need baskets for sorting and bins for storing. You may find it helpful to have a few extra baskets and containers on hand for busy days.
- Ironing Board + Iron. Every laundry room should contain an iron and iron board to help spruce up clothing. Whether it is a travel-sized ironing board or a full-size, be sure to incorporate one somewhere in your room to help tidy up your look.
- Sewing Kit. Accidents happen, and sometimes, they happen to our clothes. Be prepared with a fully stocked sewing kit to replace any missing buttons and fix any small tears.
- Trash Bin. You may find it helpful to store a trash bin inside your laundry room. It will make throwing away lint from the dryer easier as well as any packaging from the laundry supplies.
- Cleaning Supplies. If you are not storing your cleaning supplies anywhere else in the house, your laundry room can be a great area to do so. Using the laundry room can be a great, safe place to store chemicals and other cleaning aids. Just be sure to place toxic items high, away from small children and pets.
3. If You Have Extra Room. . .
If you are left with some extra space and money, we have listed a few additional items that you may find helpful:
- Clothing Bar
- Folding Area/Countertop
- Mesh Bags for Delicates
What could you not live without in your laundry room? We would love to know in the comment section!