If you are like us, everywhere we turn, we see something to do with pumpkins: pumpkin decorations, pumpkin pies, pumpkin cupcakes, and pumpkin lattes. The color orange is the perfect fall color since orange is a happy color, and it is that highlighter color that grabs your attention! With the smell of pumpkin spice permeating the air, what better way to celebrate fall than by making a healthy and tasty pumpkin smoothie!
Pumpkin Spice Smoothie
Prep time – 5 Minutes | Cook/Chill Time – 3 hours | Total Time – 3 hours 5 minutes
Serving Size – One Serving
- 2 Tbsp Pumpkin Puree
- 2 Pitted Dates or 1 to 1 ½ Tbsp of Honey or Maple Syrup
- 1 Cup Rolled Oats (Gluten-Free if Preferred)
- ¼ to ½ tsp Instant Coffee Granules (If you are unsure about adding coffee, start with ¼ tsp and increase to ½ tsp according to personal preference)
- ¾ cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- ½ Tbsp Almond Butter
- ¼ tsp Ground Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp Ground Nutmeg
- The night before, add all ingredients to your blender and make sure you stir them well (you are not blending yet). Cover and place in the fridge for a minimum of 3 hours. You can eliminate this step, but soaking the oats overnight- it will make the smoothie creamier.
- When ready to make, blend on high until the oats and dates are fully broken down. Blend until you have a smooth and creamy consistency. If the smoothie is too thick, just add a little almond milk.
- You can enjoy the smoothie cold or warm. To drink warm, add the mixture to a small saucepan over medium heat and bring to a boil. If the smoothie becomes too thick when cooking, simply add a splash of almond milk.
We hope this recipe helps you to kick off the fall season. Happy October!