Fulton’s Energy Star approach to homebuilding for all of its homes ensures that your home will save you energy costs, be more comfortable, and reduce your family’s exposure to harmful Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs). Our Energy Star Certified Homes surpass all of the current Energy Star Requirements. Some of the steps we take with your home include:
- Low VOC carpeting and interior paints to minimize the off-gassing these products can release when new.
- A Lousiana Pacific Tech Shield Radiant Barrier under your roof to deflect the sun’s heat away from your attic.
- High-performance Vinyl Windows designed to reduce both heat and UV rays from entering your home.
- A 14 SEER Carrier Air Conditioner which provides energy efficient cooling. It also comes with a 10-year warranty if you register it online.
- Merv 6 Return Air Filters to help your A/C unit run more smoothly.
- Outside Air Exchange Fan to provide the precise air exchange required to keep your indoor air fresh while still allowing you to benefit from the tight construction required to keep energy costs low.
- Drywall Caulking at Top Plate which further seals and insulates your home.
- Minimum 10% Bulbs to be CFL – longer lasting and saves electricity.
- Foam Seal on All Exterior Doors – a common place to waste energy – to reduce your air leakage.
- Gas Water Heater with a .58 to .62 Efficiency Rating which will save on your water heating costs.
As part of earning the Energy Star Certification, a third-party inspection firm performs exhaustive tests on all Fulton homes. We’re happy to share more information about the energy saving features in our homes. You’re welcome to visit our website or one of our exciting Valley Communities.