With Thanksgiving around the corner, it is time to begin game-planning your holiday meal. The delicious course usually involves turkey paired with tasty side dishes. But this year, if you are looking for an easier main course, try baked chicken breast. It is often a crowd-pleaser and is easy to cook for first-time hosts.
Ingredients for Baked Chicken Breast:
- Four chicken breasts – 150 – 180g, four to six ounces each
- Two teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- One and one half tablespoon brown sugar
- One teaspoon paprika
- One teaspoon dried thyme or oregano or choose another herb that you prefer
- One fourth teaspoon garlic powder
- One half teaspoon sea salt
- One half teaspoon black pepper
- Finely chopped fresh parsley for garnish
Directions for Baked Chicken Breast:
Prep Time: 5 minutes | Cooking Time: 18 minutes | Total Time: 23 minutes
Serving Size: Four servings | Calories: 285 calories per chicken breast
- Preheat the oven to 425 F on a standard oven or 390 F on a convection oven.
- Pound the chicken to 0.6” at the thickest part of the chicken by using a rolling pin or meat mallet. This is a key tip for ensuring that the chicken is cooked evenly throughout.
- Mix all of the seasonings.
- Now line the tray with aluminum foil and baking paper (this will help in clean up). Place the chicken upside down on a tray. Drizzle the chicken with one teaspoon olive oil and rub over with your fingers. Sprinkle with seasonings.
- Flip the chicken. Drizzle with one teaspoon olive oil, rub with your fingers, sprinkle the seasoning, and be careful to cover as much of the surface as you can.
- Bake for eighteen minutes or until the surface is a golden color, or if the internal temperature is 165 F, using a meat thermometer.
- Now remove from the oven and transfer the chicken to serving plates.
- Wait about three to five minutes before you put the final garnish of parsley on top.
- Serve with your favorite Thanksgiving side dishes and bread.
Notes Baked Chicken Breast:
For a juicy chicken breast, use a touch of brown sugar in the seasoning. This makes the chicken sweat while it bakes, making a semi-sauce and cooking fast at a high-temperature.
We hope you enjoy our baked chicken breast recipe and would love to hear any feedback!